Saturday 22 July 2017

Creigiau last week

Had two quite good boxes in the garden last week, 49 species on Friday (14 July) and 56 species on Tuesday (18 July) - across the two nights 18 species made their first visit of the year. Highlights included the first ever visits by Anania crocealis, Clay and Narrow-winged Pug.




Always some queries ... is this one a faded Gypsonoma dealbana?


and these two are causing me some grief. The first (from Friday) I thought may be Common Rustic but then I had, what looked like, a definite Common Rustic on Tuesday. They are both very similar in size at approx 15m - so what is the first one? I thought it could possibly be Small Clouded Brindle, but I'm not convinced bby that either. Assistance gratefully received.




1 comment:

  1. Yes, both those are Common Rustic agg.

    I think that is G. dealbana, rather than sociana, though I'm not 100% sure.

    ReplyDelete